Friday 18 September 2015

A4 sized stationery coming to KWS in the next few weeks!

It's taken me a while to get all the pieces in place, but I'm going to start rolling out my new A4 stationery in the next week.

Before Kind Words was even a glint in my eye, I was trying everything I could think of to spice up the paper in my pen pal letters.  I bought stickers, and attempted to draw, and glued things onto the blank paper I had been using.  Then one day I got the bright idea to hunt on the internet.  Everything I could find was A5 (5.5 x 8.5) paper, and at the time, I absolutely hated using that size paper.  I was desperate for some regular sized sheets of fountain-pen friendly paper (8.5 x 11), and I couldn't find anything.  I eventually gave up and just starting using A5 sized paper instead.

Almost a year ago, a fountain pen friend in Toronto bought some stationery from me and at the same time asked about A4 sets.  I revisited all the reason why I hadn't yet offered them - could I find safe packaging materials in the right size?  What do I do about the cardboard backing?  How large should I size up the graphics?  It all felt a bit overwhelming at a time when I was just trying to launch KWS's new, colour, digital designs.

By now I feel like I've got *some* idea of how to do things.  And I figured out how to get my printer to handle A4 Novi sized Tomoe River paper, which was a big stumbling block previously.  So, over the next few weeks, I'll be updating all my current templates for A4 sized stationery, and I hope to have all of them transferred over by October 9th.  Of course, I've started with the Halloween sets already, and I've got An Unkindness of Ravens, Yes Mistress, and Frank's Night Out ready to go on Tomoe River paper.

To celebrate jumping this hurdle that I wasn't sure I'd ever get around to, I'm going to offer a bundle set for a limited time.  For the next two weeks, I'll have a special Halloween Tomoe River A4 Novi sized set available, featuring the three sets:

Frank's Night Out
Yes, Mistress!
An Unkindness of Ravens

During those two weeks, I'll work at moving the rest of the Halloween sets over to A4 sizing, and then keep going with the rest of my designs.  But once all the Halloween designs are successfully into A4 sizing, I'll pull down the special bundled listing I mentioned above.  So get them while you can!  :D

Halloween Bundle A4 set

Also, next week, keep your eyes peeled for news about some sets that are getting retired.


No comments:

Post a Comment