Wednesday 28 October 2015

A new lead on paper, some new designs, and A4 update

I know, even before I write this post, just how ridiculous it is.  I'm so desperate for new paper that I am looking for it in bizarre places, like the shipping box of my Scriptus Toronto supplies.  When the shipment from La Marche in Montreal arrived at work, I ripped it open to stare lovingly at all the Emerald of Chivor bottles that will be up for sale at the 2015 Toronto Pen Show.   Inside there was the regular gray paper that is typical of packages from La Marche, but there was also a new paper I had never seen before.  It was much thicker and a brighter white.  As is typical, I whipped out my fountain pens and tested out the paper.

I was blown away.



There was no bleed through, there was no feathering, and the paper didn't feel thick like cardboard stock.  Thrilling!  But the real test was the show-through.


Almost nothing.  My lower finger is right underneath the writing on the opposite side, and you can barely see anything.  I had originally been looking for paper to use for ball point pen writers in my shop, but this paper could easily double as FP friendly paper.  But how to get more?  This is the packing paper they sent, it was all crinkled up.  I couldn't just call and ask to buy some from their stock.

I did call Alex, who is my guy at La Marche.  He's always been very kind and accommodating, and I appreciated it today even more when he dug around in his warehouse to find the paper in question.  It turns out that this is packing paper that come from Europe with G.Lalo shipments to their Canadian distributor.  Packing paper.  Wow.  Alex agreed to call Europe and ask if he could purchase some of the paper, and if so, how big it is in terms of width.  It would need to be manageable enough for me to carry it around and have it cut down to A4 and A5 sized sheets.   I should know more by next week.

In the meantime, I've been designing some new stationery for the Toronto Pen Show coming up this Sunday.  Check it out!


I am especially in love with the hedgies.  :)

The supplies required for A4 shipping have finally come in, so I'm ready to roll out the A4 line.  I'm too busy to get orders for the A4 sets before Monday, so I'll have them go live at that time.  

Time to head off to sci-fi class.  We're discussing vN this week, and I've got an essay on it due in two weeks.  Eek!



No comments:

Post a Comment