Friday 4 December 2015

Upcoming designs

The raffle prizes started their journeys towards the winners this afternoon, winging to the UK and New Zealand.  I added a few freebie sheets into each packet too, and I hope the recipients like them.  :)

It's been a busy week for me, what with finishing off my class for the term with an exam on Wednesday and trying to figure out what's next in terms of schooling for 2016.  Do I take more university English courses, or do I enroll in the continuing ed writing classes at Woodsworth College at U of T?  Ideally I'd love to do both, but even one course this term felt like a lot, piled on top of all the other stuff I do.  I'm still torn about what to enroll in, and I'm not sure how much time I have left to decide.  Arg.

I've been designing some stationery, dividing my time between the old school letterpress stuff I really love, and the more modern, coloured images I've worked with for the past year or so.  Here are some sneak peeks of both.  First off, the letterpress stuff.  These are from older book designs from the early 1900s, I think.





And here's a snapshot of some of the coloured designs.




Lastly, mail call!  I got some really cute washi tape in the mail this week, from two different people.




The pumpkins are actually gold and shimmery on a clear backing.  Super pretty!  The blue washi tape came with this card.


I'm a sucker for blue, so this is right up my alley.  :D

This weekend I have a lot of chores to do, but I'm going to definitely carve out some time to respond to pen pal letters.  I've got probably 4 lagging right now, and that's more than I like on my to-do pile.  I'll also be finding some urban fantasy writing prompts to share with a pen pal of mine, and working on them with the goal of posting on my Kind Words of Fiction blog on Tuesday.

Happy weekend and happy writing, everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment